Could you be our next cloud accountant?
Founded in 2008, Blu Sky employs over 20 people across two teams: our delivery team of accountants and tax experts and our client relationship directors are located where ever the client needs them!
At Blu Sky, our vision is to be pioneers in the future of accounting for SMEs. Our team and cloud accounting technology enables us to help inspire the future story of our clients business through numbers.
This year we won Accounting Excellence’s Medium Firm of the Year, along with a double win at North East Accountancy Awards, Firm of the Year (under 50 employees) and Rising Star Tax Advisor. In 2018 we won Xero Firm of the year, and over the last few years our ambition to grow nationally from our base in the North East as gathered momentum. We are looking to hire talented individuals that will help it continue.
You will report to our Cloud Accountant Team Leader, your role will be at the core of our services delivered to our clients.
Day to day you will form a client team with a CRD to ensure top quality service is delivered across all accounting, VAT and corporation tax services to delight our clients and help with their business decisions.
The core accounting role of the Blu Sky team, this role delivers all management accounts, VAT returns, year end accounts and corporation tax returns to clients within client deadlines.
- Daily reconciliation
- Maintaining bank feeds
- Close the books
- FRS 105 accounts preparation and tax
- FRS 102 accounts preparation and tax
- Participation in OKR projects
- Reviewing Xero file reconciliation, simple VAT
- Reviewing year end accounts
- Dext Prepare
- Dext Precision
- Xero reconciliation
- Xero reporting
- Xero tax
- Corporation tax
- Management reporting and journals
- Planning and organisation
- Ability to prioritise
- Self research
Key Performance Indicators
The role is measured against the following KPI’s:
- Close the Books delivery
- VAT return delivery
- Year End & Corporation Tax delivery
The Holidays and Benefits
- Competitive Salary plus 25 days of annual leave on top of bank holidays, plus a ‘special occasions day’.
- Commitment to growing your professional development and a training budget to support that commitment.
- Flexible & Remote working, giving you the power to manage your time and place of work.
- Social events (regular team lunches and quarterly drinks / team building activities)
- Death in service benefit
We try to give feedback to you if your application is unsuccessful, this is not always possible. The interview is as much about giving you the opportunity to find out as much as possible about us and our company as it is about us finding out about you and your capabilities. We want you to be as excited about joining Blu Sky as we are about being here! With that philosophy in mind, we will be running the following selection process to ensure that each candidate is given a comprehensive view of what we are all about:
- Screening – We will review your application.
- If successful, the completion of a behavioural competency questionnaire.
- Stage One – Initial interview with two senior members of the Blu Sky team.
- Stage Two – Second interview with two further senior members of the Blu Sky team.
- Stage Three (optional) – Informal chat with our CEO.
Offer & References
We will make a formal written offer, subject to references, following verbal agreement.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that the best workplaces celebrate and promote diversity. We are committed to ensuring that Blu Sky is an equal opportunity employer. And we think it’s right to build a company where everybody is welcome, with an open culture that thrives on not just our similarities but also our differences.
Part of this commitment is our promise that every team member and job applicant is treated equally, regardless of protected characteristics such as race, sexuality, religion or age.
Are you passionate about joining a great team who are keen to stay at the head of the curve? Does working in a fast paced environment that’s growing quickly sound exciting to you?
Send an up to date version of your CV to email@example.com. Make sure to include a little bit about yourself and why you want to work at Blu Sky in your email!