About the role
As a Client Relationship Director, reporting directly to our CFO and Cofounder, it will be your responsibility to delight clients by becoming their trusted adviser, focused on helping to grow their business. Using your highly developed technical and relationship management skills you’ll be able to provide strategic thinking and commercial support to both client businesses and Blu Sky, allowing the co-founders to focus on what they do best.
The role of client relationship director will scale with the client’s business as it grows and indeed Blu Sky as we grow. After initially helping to scope and evolve the key financial processes, the CRD should ensure that as the client business scales, strategic insight is given, and effective financial processes evolve.
The CRD Vision
To inspire growth, resilience and high performance through intelligent relationship management in line with the Blu Sky values and brand.
Purpose of the CRD
To behave as a role model for your clients and other team members by demonstrating Blu Sky values and an outward mindset, and to inspire client relationships through delivering the vision.
Responsibilities and Duties
The key responsibilities and duties of the CRD role are:
- Managing a portfolio of clients, closely working with these clients to build and expand the relationship. This will include working on client growth plans to grow your current portfolio of clients both with renewals and increased services via helping explore client company objectives, fund raising opportunities, finance processes.
- Overall accountability for your portfolio of client’s compliance services, managed by an internal delivery manager, including reviewing all deliverables for your portfolio of clients to ensure a high quality of work is delivered.
- Credit control of your portfolio of clients, including managing payment of any overdue invoices.
- Coaching and mentoring staff to embed technical and behavioural skills in line with Blu Sky values and behaviours.
- Participate in Blu Sky product development
- Networking and managing relationships with key business contacts to improve the quality and quantity referrals.
- Sales to new clients to help increase the client bank within Blu Sky.
Skills – Essential
The ideal candidate would have spent time within a similar leadership position in an accounting practice or has been in a technical client facing role and is now keen to expand their leadership, strategic and relationship management skills.
- Qualified accountant.
- Experience and commercial understanding of the wider business market.
- Experience of developing business models and unit economics for business plans.
- Experience supporting senior business leaders and internal/external stakeholders.
- Understanding of startup finances and outsourced finance model
- Highly organised, with excellent relationship management skills
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication.
- Experience mentoring and coaching.
- Experience in leading change.
Skills – Optional
As a bonus, it would be great if you had:
- Experience of implementing Xero, Receipt Bank, or similar cloud accountancy software into a client’s business model.
- Experience of fundraising for business and/or exist strategies.
Key Performance Indicators
The CRD role is measured against the following metrics for success:
- Client retention
- Positive feedback – Employee Net Promotor Score and Client NPS
- Fee and revenue growth
- Internal and External Sales
- Growth of MRR
- Personal satisfaction / engagement
- Quality Score of client portfolio– Mean Xavier Health Score
- Delivery of OKR efforts responsible for
The Salary – Competitive
We can be flexible for the right person, the offer made will be dependent on experience.
The Holidays and Benefits
- Competitive Salary plus 25 days of annual leave on top of bank holidays, plus a ‘special occasions day’.
- Participation in Client Relationship Team Bonus scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance and Death in Service cover.
- Commitment to growing your professional development and a training budget to support that commitment.
- Eligibility for our flexible working arrangement, giving you the power to manage your time and place of work. And more around salary sacrifice watch this space…..
- Social events (monthly team lunches and quarterly drinks / team building activities
We try to give feedback to you if your application is unsuccessful, but this is not always possible. Phase 2 is as much about giving you the opportunity to find out as much as possible about us and our company as it is about us finding out about you and your capabilities. We want you to be as excited about joining Blu Sky as we are about being here! With that philosophy in mind, we will be running the following selection process to ensure that each candidate is given a comprehensive view of what we are all about:
- Screening – We will review your application.
- Stage One – Initial interview with two senior members of the Blu Sky team.
- If successful, the completion of a behavioural competency questionnaire.
- Stage Two – A brief presentation to be delivered to the senior management team ahead of the stage three interview.
- Stage Three – Interview with the senior team where we can discuss the results of the presentation and you can ask any further questions.
- Stage Four Interview with our CEO
Sound like you? Drop us an email with your CV!